The time to prepare for the future is now
Our retirement planning strategy puts your retirement goals within reach.
What do you want from your retirement? Do you want to travel? Dig deeper into a beloved hobby? Volunteer? Start a new business or career? All of that is within your reach — if you plan for it.
That’s why we are here. Your CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ creates a custom approach to your retirement planning needs — taking a deep dive into your current realities and future plans through a methodology called Situational Investing.
It’s your journey. Our job is to help you get there.
Our Approach to Retirement Planning
The Situational Investing methodology is based around the fundamental principle that every client, every investor is different, and that a one-size-fits-all approach just doesn’t work. We get to know our clients, and we design a retirement planning strategy around your unique retirement goals.
Consider us your compass as you chart a path toward your next big adventure.
Our Retirement Planning Strategy
We begin by assessing where you are now. We look at your current asset allocation and potential future income. We also look at your current spending and savings habits as well as your risk tolerance and relationship with money. Then we start working through the process of building a strong financial foundation to help you reach your retirement goals, whatever they may be.
Our holistic approach factors in all aspects of your financial life:
- Income needs for life: A core part of the retirement planning process is determining your lifetime income need — or how much money you will need to maintain your desired standard of living for the length of your retirement. We can analyze your current and future spending habits, while taking into account what it will take to fund your retirement dreams. This step forms the foundation of your retirement savings plan.
- Health care: Health concerns are an unfortunate reality of the aging process. That’s why it’s vital to factor health care and long-term care costs into your overall retirement plan. We can’t predict the future, but we can help you prepare for whatever comes your way.
- Social Security: You’ve been paying into Social Security your entire working life to create a nest egg for your golden years. But when is the right time to tap into it? We can help you make the most of your Social Security benefits, at just the right time.
- 401k’s & 403b’s: Employer-sponsored retirement plans — for-profits offer the 401k while nonprofits provide a 403b — are a great way to maximize your hard-earned dollars, and a core part of a strong retirement strategy. We’ll factor this into your overall retirement plan and help you figure out a tax-friendly way to tap those earnings once retirement hits.
- Traditional and Roth IRAs: Individual retirement accounts take two distinct forms: the Traditional IRA and the Roth IRA. Each option has its pros and cons, and we can guide you through the process of determining which is best for you.
- Risk management: Ensuring a successful and happy retirement is no easy task. As you begin to transition into the longest vacation of your life, you should make sure that your retirement income plan is protected. We can’t predict the markets, but we can work with you to help identify your level of vulnerability to these 7 common risks:
- Market risk
- Sequence of returns risk
- Interest rate risk
- Investment behavior risk
- Inflation risk
- Withdrawal rate
Our Philosophy on Retirement Planning
Life moves fast, and sometimes we get so focused on what’s right in front of us that we forget to plan ahead. That approach puts you at a major disadvantage when it comes to securing a happy retirement. The earlier you start, the better you’ll be prepared for tomorrow. And, the more you strategize, the further your money will last into the future.
The good news: You don’t have to go at it alone. We are CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™, but we are also guides, coaches, mentors and teachers, committed to helping you navigate to your True North — wherever that may be.
Are you ready? Good, let’s get started.
COVID-19 has forced many workers into their homes, but the adjustment can be challenging. These tips will help you stay productive and sane.
With 2020 coming to an end, it’s time to look forward to a new year. You can begin by creating a plan to succeed financially in 2021.
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced changes to our daily routines. Do not let the resulting background emotions sway your financial decisions.
Why Brookstone Wealth Management?
Our approach to wealth management is rooted in the belief that every client is unique. That’s why our services don’t come out of a box. Our Certified Financial Planners (CFP®) work one-on-one, side-by-side with each and every client to craft a custom financial strategy that will help make their financial goals a reality.
Financial Planning is a journey, not a destination, and we are your trusted advisor every step of the way. Let us help you navigate your True North.